Mobile and Tablet Device Enhancements are Now Live on Apartment Careers!
Apartment Careers Blog
Tags: apartment jobs, Apartment careers, apartment job seekers, Search Apartment Jobs, apartment job posting tips, mobile job search, jobs for vets, NAAEI, National Apartment Association, Careers in the Apartment Industry, Professional Job Search
Top Ten Tips for a Successful Interview:
- Research the company and be prepared with some written questions. Go to the company website and spend at least thirty minutes reviewing the management team, the about us pages, and make sure you read any recent press releases. Prepare questions about the company and the department you are interviewing.
- Be on time, and that means between 15 and 5 minutes early, with a clean, well-presented copy of your resume. This sounds simple, but you would be shocked at how many people don’t leave at least 15 minutes early in order to get there 10 minutes early!
- Dress the part – professional business attire, no matter how casual or cool the company is.
- Be kind to every employee you meet – the receptionist, the parking lot attendant, and anybody you pass in the hall. You know, Southwest Airlines used to have the flight attendants on flights anonymously assess the candidates they were flying in for interviews – it just goes to show that you need to mind your manners all the time.
- Think about JFK's famous line – Ask not what the company can do for you, you need to tell them what you can do for the company!
- This is not a filming of “Biography” on A&E Channel, it is a sales presentation in which you are selling your capabilities to do a job for the company. Stick to the business side and how you can solve problems. Don’t go into a half-hour long diatribe about your school experiences, the reason you love/hate the Yankees, or the intricacies of your college rivalries. The interviewer does not want your life story, they want to know your business skills and capabilities. You do not want to get into areas that may spark a prejudice of the interviewer.
- “Bad mouth thee, bad mouth me.” Whenever you trash-talk your former or current employer, guess what the interviewer thinks? “Uh-Oh, if we hire this person, I will be the next person to be bad mouthed!” Never, ever, say bad, mean-spirited, unkind, or anything that makes you look like a prospective ingrate, gossip, or just somebody who will be a cancer to the company culture.
- Save the money talk for last. Focus on the job, your ability to contribute, the great skills you can provide, and whether or not this appears to be a company you want to join. If you are pressed, then make sure you have done your homework on market rates and suggest there are many factors to consider besides just a base salary.
- Thank the interviewer for their time and make sure you asked all of your questions. This shows good manners and it let's the interviewer know you were prepared and genuinely interested in the company.
- Send a follow-up e-mail – thank the interviewer again and reiterate (very briefly) what you discussed and how you can contribute. This serves as a good memory jog to the interviewer of your conversation and reminds them of the points you want them to make for you in the hiring meeting.
Tags: apartment jobs, Apartment Industry, job seeker tips, apartment job seekers, apartment leasing jobs, Interview Tips, apartment manager jobs, apartment maintenance jobs, Tips for a Successful Interview
Digested From "Apartment Firms Staff Up to Meet New Rental Demand, Survey Says"
Tags: apartment jobs, Apartment careers, job seeker tips, apartment job seekers, apartment leasing jobs, apartment manager jobs, apartment maintenance jobs, Resumes, Search Apartment Jobs, apartment maintenance, internet job postings, Career Opportunities
Job Seekers Help Yourself When Applying for Jobs
When you take a look at the jobs on our Job Board, be sure to be honest with yourself on which ones meet your qualifications. Not everyone has all the qualifications of any given job, but you need to make sure you have a clear majority of the ones mentioned and then some!
Tags: apartment jobs, Apartment careers, job seeker tips, apartment job seekers, apartment leasing jobs, apartment manager jobs, apartment maintenance jobs, how to tips, online application, college grads, Apartment resume, property management jobs, Search Apartment Jobs, Military Personnel, Career Opportunities, Military Spouses, Professional Job Search, Job Seeker
Meet One of Our Job Seekers
My name is Shaunna Hampton.... I have been registered with ApartmentCareers.com for years now and I always turn to that site when I am looking for a job. I have been in the apartment industry for approximately 9-10 years.I am looking for either a assistant manager or manager position in the Dallas area... I would prefer one of the following cities/areas... Northeast Dallas, East Dallas, Downtown, South Dallas, Southwest Dallas, Duncanville, Desoto, Cedar Hill, Lancaster, Red Oak, Grand Prairie (off of 20) and Arlington (off of 20).
Are you looking for a job?
There are easy to follow tips which WILL help you find a job sooner than you might expect!
Want a Direct Path to Finding Skilled Talent?
Hiring Military Personnel and hiring Military Spouses gives your business a great advantage. You gain employees who have a high work ethic right out of the gate. Employment for military personnel within your company provides excellent examples for motivation for other employees. Some of the other key factors to consider are that you get someone who is
Tags: apartment jobs, Apartment careers, apartment job seekers, apartment leasing jobs, apartment manager jobs, apartment maintenance jobs, apartment hiring managers, apartment job posting tips, Military Personnel, Military Spouses, NAAEI, National Apartment Association, Employment
Chances are you are probably reading our blog post on a mobile device, along with billions (I wish I had that many followers) of other consumers accessing the web using a mobile device. Mobile technology is taking over the world (or world wide web) and the smartphone/mobile device is outselling laptops and desktops.
Tags: apartment jobs, Apartment careers, job seeker tips, apartment job seekers, apartment leasing jobs, apartment manager jobs, apartment maintenance jobs, property management jobs, Search Apartment Jobs, mobile job search, Texas Apartment Association, Nevada State Apartment Association, internet job postings, National Apartment Association, Apartment of Greater Dallas
Last week I posted part one of this blog and addressed the two keys (format and content) to developing a job ad that works. So today we will outline a three part template to make the task of writing a job posting that works a little easier and more effective.
Tags: apartment jobs, Apartment careers, apartment job seekers, apartment leasing jobs, apartment manager jobs, apartment maintenance jobs, how to tips, property management jobs, apartment job posting tips, job posting tips, employer tips, internet job postings
ApartmentCareers.Com is named in the elite of the online employment services industry for 2011/12 by Weddle's, the world's largest publisher of print guides to job boards.
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) July 27, 2011
ApartmentCareers.Com is pleased to announce that Weddle's LLC, the world's largest publisher of print guides to the 100,000+ job boards now operating on the Internet, has selected it as a Top 100 site. Called the "Zagat" of the online employment industry by the American Staffing Association, Weddle's released its selections in conjunction with the publication of its 2011/12 Guide to Employment Sites on the Internet.
Why should job seekers care about this news…because job boards work!
In a survey of thousands of working men and women, using a job board was identified as the single best resource to find a job in today's tough environment. Over one-third of the respondents said they found their last job on a job board-more than four times greater than the next highest response-and almost two-thirds said they expected to find their next job that way.
In the same survey, eight-out-of-ten employers said that new hires sourced online were among their best employees. For that reason, over a third of the respondents were filling half of their openings through job boards and over a quarter were actually filling three-quarters of their vacancies that way.
The challenge for working men and women and employers alike is figuring out which sites to use. The Top 100 list is one way to do focus the list. The Guide describes each site in the Top 100 with a detailed profile of its services, features and fees for both job seekers and employers. It also includes a directory of over 10,000 other job boards organized by career field, industry and geographic focus.
“The sites selected for The Top 100 in Weddle's 2011/12 Guide to Employment Sites on the Internet represent the elite of the online employment services industry. They consistently provide high caliber support and services to job seekers, employers and recruiters alike. Whether you’re looking for a new or better job or searching for great talent to hire, these are the places where you should begin on the Web.” Peter Weddle, CEO WEDDLE’s LLC.
APARTMENTCAREERS President, John Cullens, says "We are extremely honored to be selected by Weddle's for the third year in a row. We have worked very hard since our business launched in 1998 to provide an excellent product and top notch customer service to make our site the very best in the apartment industry for employers and job seekers alike. The selection to the Weddle’s prestigious top 100 puts ApartmentCareers in the top 1% of all Internet job boards and career portals, and that is a great source of pride for us.”
The site selection methodology included a comprehensive review of information submitted by the sites describing their features, services and fees as well as information provided by job seekers, employers and recruiters who have used the site. In addition, each site was visited to assess its user experience and level of maintenance.
ApartmentCareers.Com was founded in 1998 by John Cullens and a business partner. They had extensive experience in recruiting for the Apartment industry having built the largest Apartment staffing company in the country, and they saw the need for an Internet-based recruiting solution in the rapidly evolving apartment and property management industry.
APARTMENTCAREERS has developed into the leading employment website serving the Apartment and Multifamily management industry. Within the property management industry, ApartmentCareers addresses the career and hiring needs of a wide range of property management sectors from conventional garden style apartments, affordable apartments, military housing, student housing and the industry’s product and service vendors. ApartmentCareers fills job types including the on-site personnel, corporate and executive management, office and supporting personnel, and industry sales and service personnel. ApartmentCareer’s offices are in Dallas, Texas and the website address is http://www.ApartmentCareers.Com .
Weddle's LLC is a widely regarded thought leader in the field of employment. It consults with employers, staffing firms and job boards on best practices in talent acquisition and publishes guides and other books to help working men and women realize their full potential in the 21st Century workplace. Its research has been cited in such publications as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USA Today and in Money, Fortune, and Inc. magazines. As HRWire put it, "When in doubt, consider Weddle's... an industry standard."